Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day One Hundred Sixty-six

"Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35

Ryan had a good day.  His hair is getting a little thicker, and I hope it stays around awhile.  He is getting used to it, and he thinks he almost has enough for a mohawk.  I'll have to check the school policy to see if it's going to be an issue with him showing up on his first day of kindergarten with a mohawk. :)   He has also been really active lately, which is definitely a good sign. 

Mirjan took the kids to the sprinkler park today, and it looks like they had a wonderful time!



I think we are going to have to frame Ryan's white Nike hat after this is done.  I don't think a day has gone by without him wearing it. 

Mirjan cooked a wonderful meal tonight, and there were few protests from Ryan for eating.  He still takes the longest to eat, but he is getting most of it down.  I'm hoping that his appetite returns quickly....Emma eats more than he does right now. 

We watched Wipeout tonight, and the kids really enjoyed it.  Then Davianna started asking to go to Target.  She received a gift card for her birthday, and when she goes, she'll buy one thing in the dollar section.  So she has stretched that gift card out for months.  Anyway, she kept asking and asking, so I just started asking her to take me to Target.  Then I started asking Ryan and then Emma.  Emma would shake her head and say, "Nooooo."  After a while, Davianna told me she didn't want to go anymore and for me to please quit asking her.  :) 

I took the kids a bath and then Ryan and I read a book.  After a while reading turned into wrestling.  I'm going to have to watch out for him since he really gets into it.  I turned around too quickly and his fist connected with my lip.  I fell back and acted like he knocked me out, and I didn't see Davianna looking in.  She thought I was really hurt and came and hugged me. :)    She was so sweet.  Then I tickled Ryan until he declared me the champion.

It was a good day!

Father, thank you for blessing Ryan with a healthy day.  Thank you for a loud house with wonderful children.  Father, I ask that you be with Alissa and her family and continue to give them strength.  Please continue to be with Ryan and strengthen his body.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen. 

0 comments: