Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day One Hundred Sixty-seven

"Every word of God is flawless;he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."  Proverbs 30:5

Maybe it's my imagination, maybe it's my hope, but Ryan seems so full of energy lately.  At times I feel like pops as Ryan does his best to wear me out.  If he isn't running, jumping and making a lot of noise, he is asking 10,000 questions, non-stop.  The questions remind me of the tv shows when someone is getting interrogated.  Slow down, son.  Give a chance to respond to the first question before the second, third, and fourth come along.  If I try to skip to the fourth question, he starts asking the first three again.   Oh, well, I wouldn't want it any other way.   His energy and curiosity is a wonderful thing.

It was a special dinner, because Mirjan made "THE Meatball."  Shortly after we started dating, she invited me over for dinner (There's a good story there, but I'll save it for another time.).  Anyway, she brought out these huge meatballs.  I have never seen a meatball that big, and I grew up in Texas.  Well, when I bit into it, I found a hard boiled egg inside.  Uh, surprise!  That was the last thing I expected, but it was very good.  I have to ask her to make it every now and then.  So, whenever she makes "THE Meatball,"  it's a special dinner. 

Mirjan went to the community clubhouse tonight because they were having an event.  So, I had the kids for the evening.  I had said that I wanted to start a family bible study, so tonight we started.  Mirjan will have to catch up.  I figured out real quick that the kids need an activity that goes along with the study, so out came the colors and paper.  I was really impressed with their comprehension and answers to all the questions that I asked and what they thought about it.  They started feeding off of another and really got into it.  Here is the picture that Davianna created.


Mirjan got home about the time that I was getting the kids to their beds.  Davianna was frustrated with me for a while because she didn't want to listen and got into trouble.  After she calmed down, I sat with her for a while as she was going to sleep.  Ryan went to sleep quickly...at least he pretended to.  I'm not sure if he was really tired or wanted me to leave so he could play with some toys quietly.  I haven't heard anything yet, so either he actually has figured out how to play quietly or he is sleeping.  I'll check on him in a while. 

Father, thank you for the evening with the kids.  I am truly grateful for every moment that I have with them.  Thank you for Ryan's energy and enthusiasm about everything.  Thank you for Mirjan and all that she does, every day.  I ask that you continue to strengthen Ryan's body and keep him healthy.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

0 comments: