Monday, July 5, 2010

Day One Hundred Sixty-five

"How priceless is Your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of Your wings." Psalm 36:7

I think the long weekend caught up to Ryan today.  He took a several hour nap late this afternoon.  He was knocked out and slept through dinner.  When he woke up and Mirjan told him that his spaghetti and meatballs were ready, he said, "Spaghetti for breakfast?"  He thought it was morning. :)  Then he said, "At least I got some good rest today."  He didn't get sick all weekend, which was really surprising.  Then tonight I heard little feet running to the bathroom, so I checked it out.  Ryan walked out and said, "I vomited, but it's no big deal."  He is such a good boy. 

After we got up this morning and enjoyed Nana's special eggs, we sat around for a while and then Nana headed south.  After lunch, Mirjan took Davianna and Ryan to the pool.  I took Emma a nap, and she was so sweet.  She gave me one of her blankets, put her head on mine, and then quickly fell asleep.  After she woke up, we played for several hours.  She was so much fun and so loving.  I really enjoyed the afternoon with her.

Swimming lessons should start this week, and Ryan's doctor visit is on Thursday.  They will just do the CBC and see how he is doing.  Hopefully, we can get the schedule of the scans then as well.  We are also looking at scheduling a family trip in August. 

The evening involved computers, reading, and music.  It was a nice, relaxing evening.   Ryan and Emma played peek-a-boo and Emma was laughing like a hyena.  Ryan asked about his blog tonight.  He asked me if I was putting it on the internet, and then asked why.  He accepted my answers, by saying, "that's cool if people want to learn about me."   Emma made sure she went to the kids' bedrooms when they were in the bed to tell them, "bye-bye."  Then she slams their doors and takes off running. 

Father, thank you for such a wonderful, long weekend.  You blessed us with Ryan's birthday, his last chemo treatment, a visit from Nanna, the Independence Day celebrations, and the company of friends.  I am grateful.  I ask that you continue to raise Ryan's spirits, strengthen his body and keep him healthy.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

0 comments: