Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day One Hundred Sixty-eight

I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!"  Psalm 91:2

Ryan went to the clinic today and had a blood test done.  Mirjan sent me a picture of the results, and they looked good.  After 167 days, you quickly know what areas to look at and what is good.  He did get sick when his port was accessed, but he was a tough boy as always.  He will go back next week for another blood test and then the following week (hopefully) for a CT, MRI, and bone aspiration.  Mirjan was a trooper and handled all three kids at the clinic herself.  Thank you, Mirjan!! The volunteers and staff are always helpful too.  Davianna went and worked on crafts while Ryan was in the treatment room.   Here are the pictures that Mirjan sent me from her phone:


On the way home, Ryan wanted to eat at Panda Express, so they ate in the car....because someone was sleeping.



Mirjan said that Ryan ate really well today.  It has seemed like his appetite has picked up, but he weighed the exact same as last week.  As long as he isn't losing weight right now, that's okay.  I assume we'll see him slowly gain weight over the next month or so.

Tonight, the house was loud.  Emma spanked me, which started an out of control chase between the kids and I.  Then a scary moment.  Davianna was running full speed around a corner and completely flattened little Emma.  I thought Emma hit her head on the tile and quickly picked her up.   I think she was more scared than hurt, but I held her for a while and the kids and I sang her a song.  She slowly started to smile, then laugh, then when I put her down, she spanked me again.   Thank you, Lord!   When Davianna and Ryan were little, they both fell at one time or another on the tile and split their lip.  That is not a site you want to see as a parent, because the lip bleeds like crazy.  I remember picking Davianna up and running her to the bathroom when she fell down, then washing her mouth.  It wasn't bad at all, but scared us.  When I saw Emma falling, that was the first thing that came to mind.   However, she didn't have any bumps and nothing seemed to be hurting her.  Whew!

After that, we settled down and I took the kids a bath.  Emma copies everything Davianna and Ryan do, which is quite funny at times...and she thinks so too.  Ryan was tired and went to bed pretty quick....after a 10 minute prayer.  After a while, I became curious to how long his prayer was going to go.  He thanked God for everything, literally. 

Davianna and I read a book pretty quick, and then she was off to bed.   Mirjan put Emma to sleep, and then it was quiet time for us.    Good day!

Father, thank you for being with Ryan today and letting the procedure be safe.  Thank you for Mirjan and her love and dedication to our children.  Thank you for letting little Emma be okay.  She is so precious, and I am grateful for her and Davianna and Ryan each day.  Father, I ask that you guide Mirjan and I to use the gifts that you blessed us with.  I also ask that you continue to protect Ryan, strengthen his body, and keep him healthy.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.  

0 comments: