Friday, July 9, 2010

Day One Hundred Sixty-nine

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."  Psalm 119:105

Ryan was in a good mood when I got home today.  He ran and hugged me and wanted me to lift him up.  Emma was right behind him with a big smile on her face.  Davianna was busy cleaning leaves in the sink.  What?  Yep!  She said she needed clean leaves for her scrapbook.


Mirjan made a good pasta dish tonight, and we all enjoyed it!  Just like a couple of weeks ago, there was a knock on the door and a little person was there with an overnight bag.  Hmmm...I'm not part of the consultation process, so I was not aware of that.  Anyway, the brother of the little girl that stayed with us a couple of weeks ago wanted to stay over.  The kids played really well together all evening.  It was very interesting listening to their conversations...so much excitement and joy in everything.   After a while, they turned off all of the lights for "movie night"  and watched "Alice in Wonderland."   Interesting movie.

Mirjan was working on baby shower stuff, which is coming up next weekend...I think.  I'm not sure if I'm hanging out with the kids or she wants me to go.  Hmmm...I'll find out after she reads this and informs me. :)

Oh, a very interesting thing happened today.  Mirjan calls me and starts off the conversation with "Don't be angry...."   Uh, oh, I don't like those calls.   She said that she dropped her phone and it cracked the entire screen.  She asked me what do we need to do, and I told her if she is calling me from it then it still works and we don't need to do anything. :)  She said that she had to put it in a plastic bag so the glass wouldn't cut her.   So, she now has a new, ziploc carrying case for her broken, but working phone.


What's really funny is that I told her I was going to upgrade our phones about two weeks ago, and she said we are absolutely not spending any money on phones.  I didn't want to upgrade them, but just enjoy seeing her reaction when I talk about buying electronics.  Today, she said, "You know that you could upgrade your phone, and I could use your old one."   Oh, yeah?   Anyway, I looked online tonight and found some places that will fix it while you wait.  I also found some do-it-yourself kits for about $15...the reviews were mixed and those that rated it high said it took 3+ hours.  I backed up her phone and will figure something out in the next couple of days.

Our crazy dog has been acting weird the past couple of days, and I'm not sure what's going on.  She's not listening as well and whines sometimes at night.  She had little burs all in her hair tonight, so I brushed them out and then checked her out head to toe.  It was getting dark, so I'll have to see what she's been getting into tomorrow.  I visually inspected her eyes, ears, teeth/gums, feet, etc....looks good to me....then felt and gently squeezed everything...no whining/wimpering/lumps/bumps/etc.  Then she took off running around the yard.   She passed my check up.   She's up to date on shots, etc.....hmmm.   If she keeps acting weird over the next couple of days, we'll have to take her in. 

Anyway, it was good day today and the kids had a fun evening.

Father, thank you for blessing us with another healthy day for Ryan.  Thank you for the laughter and joy of children and their excitement which is wonderful.  I thank you for lighting our path and ask for your continued guidance.  I ask that you continue to strengthen Ryan's body and keep him healthy.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

0 comments: