Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day One Hundred Seventy-five

"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:9-10

I love getting hugs when I get home from work.  It is one of life's sweetest blessings.   The kids need to train Mirjan, but sooner or later she will come running too.....maybe. :)

Mirjan's doctor appointment finally happened today.  She had three little ones to get ready and be there by 8:30 or so.   Her tests came back from two weeks ago and everything was good!!   The doctor did prescribe her some medicine and has a plan b and c, but we felt much better with the news.  Thank you, Lord!

I talked to Ryan for a while tonight about the doctor's visit tomorrow and next Tuesday.  Then he asked me a question that I did not expect.  He asked that if everything looked good after the tests, could he get a new testicle.  What??  Uh, yeah, Ryan, we can pick one up at Walmart on the way home.  I'm not sure where that came from, but I told him that he is perfect with one.  We talked about that for a while.  I'm trying to understand how that popped into his head, but I'm not sure.

After the kids were in bed, Davianna came out and said her ankle was hurting.  I checked it out, and then she started asking 100 questions about cancer.  Alot of them were ones that the lifecare folks had answered several months ago.  So, she asked her very good questions for about 15 minutes.  I think she just wanted a specific answer of why someone gets cancer.  It was really a good conversation, and it seemed like I was talking with a teenager, not a child.  When she couldn't think of any more questions, she headed back to bed.

Father, thank you for the blessings of loving children.  Thank you for the wonderful conversations and curious minds.  Thank you for the news from the doctor about Mirjan!  Father, I ask that you be with Ryan tomorrow and comfort his mind.  Let the blood test be safe, and I ask that you continue to strengthen his body and keep him healthy.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

0 comments: