Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day One Hundred Seventy-four

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." Isaiah 43:18

Ryan was in a good mood again today.  We are really starting to see that sweetness come out again that we have missed for a while.  It's such a blessing to see that.  He truly has such a good heart.

Random updates tonight: 

Mirjan made her famous meatloaf, and it was amazing!  Her cooking has gotten better with her age, and since she started cooking at the age of nine (yes, really), each night is a treat.  I'm a lucky man!  

She has a birthday coming up, but she already has her gift.  How did that happen?  Well, she came home a couple of months ago with a big box of pots and pans.  She thanked me for her early birthday gift.  Really?  We can do that?  I like that rule, so I'll have to remember that for my birthday next year. :)  

Emma really is developing a wonderful sense of humor.  She loves teasing me and just starts laughing.  She is so much fun!

Bob, Kendra, Mathew, and Andrew came by for a while tonight, and we had a nice visit.  Davianna and Ryan loved playing with the kids.  They are really nice people, and are such a blessing.

Mirjan talked to Elisa's mother this evening, and she said that she is going through an aggressive chemo and radiation treatment every day for at least the next 15 days.  Please, Lord, be with that little girl.

Not much else today.  Hurry up Tuesday.  I'm thankful for the moments with the family today.

Father, thank you for blessing us with the time together today.  Thank you for the beautiful smiles of little children and laughter in the house.  I am grateful for your wonderful blessings!  Father, I ask that you continue to strengthen Ryan's body and keep him healthy.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

1 comments:

Joseph said...

We are so grateful to be able to keep up with you and see the progress. Thinking of you all often!
Samia and John