Friday, July 16, 2010

Day One Hundred Seventy-six

"Love others as you find them, not as you wish they were." Upper Room

Ryan didn't get sick when his port was accessed today, but when the band-aid was being put on, he did.  We're getting closer!   The results were really good, which is a great thing!  Mirjan took care of everything today, and did a wonderful job as always.  Ryan is doing much better with the medicine that he has to take 6 times a week.  He doesn't really complain at all anymore.  That medicine will continue for another six months or so.




The kids were in a great mood when I got home.  I received a lot of hugs and there was a lot of excitement.  Awesome!

Since there is a special day coming up this weekend, Davianna, Ryan, and I went shopping.  I let them each pick out something for someone special, and they were really excited.  Davianna is a shopper at heart, and she reminds me of her mother.  They haven't told anyone what we picked up......yet.....so it is still a surprise.  (If you find out, you don't get it!)

After bath time, I played with the kids and had a blast.  I think I got on Ryan's nerves a little bit, but he kept coming back for more.  Then Davianna started teaming up with him.  Emma would just hit me and then run away laughing.  Three against one!  The only way out was super tickling mode.  They are such a blessing.

Mirjan is still working on all of the baby shower stuff and doing an amazing job.  She does an amazing job at everything! 

It was a good day!

Father, thank you for blessing Ryan with another healthy day.  Thank you for the time our family can spend together each day, and thank you for all of us looking forward to it and enjoying it.  I am grateful.  I ask that you continue to strengthen Ryan's body and keep him healthy.  Please be with Elisa and let the treatment be effective.  Please comfort and guide her family.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

0 comments: