Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day One Hundred Eighty-one

"So don't lose your confidence. It will bring you a great reward." Hebrews 10:35

Well, we expected to find out the results of the scans today, but it won't be until tomorrow.  Mirjan called to inquire about them, but there weren't any nurses available at the time, so she left a message.  I called around 4:30 and was told that all the nurses were gone for the day.  When I got home, there was a message at 4:55 from a nurse wanting to share the results with us.  However, the office closes at 5, so when I called back, it went straight to voicemail.  I fully believe that the results will be good, but it's hard to wait....especially when you know that the results are in.  Lord, please let us hear good news.

Mirjan and the kids spent several hours at the dealer today.  I got in the car on Sunday, and saw that the engine light was on.  I let Mirjan know that if any of the lights come on that it's kind of important to let me know. :)  So, she was a trooper and took it in today.  They told her that it wasn't going to be covered under the extended warranty, and that isn't what I exactly wanted to hear today.  They were able to find a TSB associated with the issue, so there wasn't a charge after all.  I subscribe to a free service that emails me the TSB summary information when a new one is issued, but I don't recall that one and couldn't find it in the database either.  However, I did find the TSB on google and saw the details about the issue and the fix.  When I asked Mirjan what the service manager told her, she said he mumbled something technical to her. :)  Oh, well, I feel better that the issue is resolved.  And this is the first real issue that we have had with the car in four years.  Thank you, Mirjan, for spending the morning at the dealer! 

When I got home, everyone was at the grocery store.  I guess it was a day of errands for the family.  Mirjan came home with an extra little person and after dinner, they went to the sprinkler park in our neighborhood.  It was already turned off for the evening, so Mirjan guided them to the sprinklers in the grass. :)  They had a wonderful time!




Davianna, Ryan, and I talked about going to California at bed time.  They had lots of questions and were getting excited.  As I was putting Davianna to sleep, she wanted to read a book and was determined to read to me.  After a while, Mirjan came in and she read to her for a while.  I love it when Davianna really gets into a book!   Emma is starting to be the same way too.  She will bring me a book, sit in my lap, and want me to read to her.  She loves it!....and so do I!

It was a long day for Mirjan and the kids, but a good day!

Father, thank you for another healthy day for Ryan and for continuing to strengthen his body.  I see his energy level increasing weekly, and am grateful.  Thank you for Mirjan and all that she does every day!  She is a blessing to me.   I ask for good scan results tomorrow and that you continue to keep Ryan healthy and strong.  I pray in Jesus' name.  Amen.

0 comments: