Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day One Hundred Sixty-one

"And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him."  Hebrews 11:6

Happy Birthday, Ryan!  What a wonderful, blessed day!  He was beaming all day long.  I put balloons around the house last night, and he was happy this morning when he woke up.  He followed me in the kitchen, and he said, "You know that I wanted the GI Joe pack for my birthday?"   I said, "Like that one on the table?"  His reaction was priceless.

I love you, son!  I heard one of your favorite songs a couple of times today, and I thought of you.  Especially, during the chorus:  "Be strong in the Lord, and never give up hope!  You're going to do great things. I already know.  God's got His hand on you. "


Mirjan made the little gift sacks late last night, ordered the cake a couple of days ago, and coordinated the party at Pump It Up.  Today, Elissa's mom called her and said they were back at the children's hosptial here for their son's surgery, so Mirjan and Melinda went up there and prayed with them for about two hours straight.  God bless their family.  They were in Houston yesterday for her treatment and up here today for their son's treatment.  It looks like they will go back to Houston and be there for quite a while.   As a result, things were a little behind this afternoon, so Peggy picked up the cake, and the kids spent time with Genevieve and her boys.   It was a blessing that they could help out at the last minute.

When I got the party, there were kids running, jumping, and sliding everywhere.  I know that people changed their plans to celebrate Ryan's birthday with him, and I am truly grateful.  This really was a special day for him.  We might have gone a little overboard, but why not?  This was a really special day for Mirjan and I too.











Afterward, Ryan was really worn out, so when we got home, we started getting ready for bed.  Marielk came by and brought Ryan a present, which was really nice of her.  We were glad to see her.

Father, thank you for blessing us with such a wonderful day.  Thank you for the generosity and love from so many families.  They really helped make this a wonderful day for Ryan, and I am grateful.  Thank you for the joy in Ryan's heart today!  I ask that you comfort his mind for tomorrow's treatment, and let it be safe and effective.  I am thankful beyond words that we are at this point, and I pray that you continue to heal my little boy.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

0 comments: