Monday, July 12, 2010

Day One Hundred Seventy-two

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Ryan and Davianna were playing together when I got home and were enjoying one another.  Emma came running had gave me a kneecap hug.  They were all in a playful mood.  Mirjan was smiling her dominican smile and making a gourmet dinner.  It truly was amazing!  :)

The evening went by really quick tonight.  Mirjan was in her cleaning mode and was running kids over with the vacuum cleaner.  Then she got out the mop, and we all ran.   That reminds me when we were first married.  Mirjan used to wear these very unique red house slippers all of the time.  Well, she had a tendency to take one of them off and hold it up when somebody did something wrong.  If she was in a feisty mood, the house slipper could possibly become a missile.  The only others in the house were our precious little dog and me.  One day I shared some of my humor with her, and she didn't take kindly to it.  So, she pulled off a house slipper and immediately the dog and I both ran out of the room.  She had trained us both.

The hospital called me today and scheduled tests for Ryan.  They will be all day next Tuesday.   So, he and I will take off in the morning, and the girls will meet us up there later.  I hope that everything goes to schedule and they can get the CT, MRI, and bone scan completed.  He will have to go under for the last two for a couple of hours.  I started talking to him about it today, and he seemed fine.  He still remembered his choices of anesthesia, but couldn't remember if he liked bubblegum or cherry.  He has had both, and I reminded him that he liked cherry the best.  Davianna was chatting on the phone with one of her friends (takes after her mommy), and Ryan started telling her friend about the tests next week.  I think he will be fine.

Later, Davianna told me that she is going to the same college as her friend.  I asked what college that might be, and she said community college.  I asked her to say it again so I could record it, and since I have evidence to share with her in the future, I will reduce the contributions to her 529 tomorrow.  :)

Father, thank you for the many blessings in our lives.  Thank you for a beautiful, caring, wonderful wife that does so much every day.  I am grateful.  Thank you for guiding us to this point in our journey.  Thank you for Ryan and the lessons we have learned over the past six months.  I pray that you be with him and protect him during the tests, and Father, I ask in Jesus' name that the scans are good and you start us on a new journey of serving and blessing others.   In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

1 comments:

Mirjan said...

all I can say is "I love you David" for always make me smile.