Monday, July 19, 2010

Day One Hundred Seventy-nine

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God  may be competent, equipped for every good work." 
2 Timothy 3:16-17

Ryan just gets cooler every day.  I don't think I was that cool at that age, and I love it when he is in his "cool mode."   He ran and gave me a hug when I got home, and I don't want that to ever end.  There was actually a line for hugs when I got home.  Awesome! 

Emma was blaming everything on Ryan tonight.   Every time I would ask who did something, she was immediately say, "Ry Ry!"  Ryan thought it was funny at first, then he was getting a little upset, but he would still smile.  "I didn't do it, Emma!"   "Who did it?"  "Ry Ry!"   "I didn't do it, Emma!"  "Who did it?"  "Ry Ry!"  "EMMA!!! I DIDN'T DO IT!"   And then she would laugh.

Mirjan took the kids to the pool this evening and they met some of their friends there.  Then they played outside for a while when they came home.  I saw a couple of kids run through the house just ignoring me. :)  They should sleep well tonight, which is a good thing because we have to get up early tomorrow.

Ryan and I will leave around 5:45 or so in the morning and head to the hospital.  Davianna said she wants to go with us, but we'll see.  She might sleep in and come later with the girls.  Tomorrow will be a long day; the doctor said we will probably be there the entire day.

So, I'm praying that the tests are safe tomorrow and that Ryan recovers quickly.  He will be under for several hours.  When we get there, he will need to get a solution for the scans, then he will have a CT.  Afterward, he will have a MRI and a bone scan.  God, please be with my little boy.   I'm hoping that we know the results of the tests on Wednesday.

That's about it for today.  I'm going to try and get to bed early, so I don't start snoring in the waiting room tomorrow.

Father, thank you for guiding us to this point in the journey.  Thank you for comforting and strengthening us.  Thank you for keeping Ryan strong and healthy, and I pray that you surround him with your hands of protection tomorrow.  In Jesus' name I ask that the tests show that the cancer is gone, that his body has been healed, and that you continue to keep him healthy.  I am grateful for all you have done during this journey, and I ask that we complete this and start a new one of giving, caring, and love.  Amen.

1 comments:

The Zawadzki's said...

We are praying with you!